Over the last five months I’ve really started to take my writing seriously. Even though I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was 9 years old, I didn’t really see myself as a professional until recently.
That was understandable at nine but now I’m 20 years old and I’ve finally taking the steps to getting my work out there.
I got my first serious journal in the store of my college dorm and it made my writing life a thousand times simpler. I wrote down every blog post idea and all the information I needed to write my first book.
The feel of the journal in my hand somehow made me feel like a serious writer. I know it sounds silly but it really did make me feel ready to write because I had paper and pen when inspiration struck me.
Why I suggest a journal
Or a notepad, or anything that you can use to write on while on the go. Just something you can easily carry because once those great writer ideas come into your head you want to be ready.
Here are the top 5 reasons writers and authors should have a writing journal:
1. You can keep your thoughts organized by outlining story ideas, plots, and to do lists.
2. You’re able to quickly jot down ideas for a blog or story without the hassle of fetching paper when you’re not around one and all your ideas would be in one place.
3. You’ll write more often. When you have paper in front of you all the time, you’ll more likely to want to use it and this can help build your writing skills.
4. You never know who you might meet. If you come across an interesting person or someone you wanted to talk with about your book, blog, or anything else, you can write their information down in your journal next to your next blog idea or you story ideas.
5. You save time and hassle by not having to keep separate sheets of paper about your blog or novel. Since it’ll be in one spot inside your journal you’ll have a peace of mind knowing everything’s all there.
I hope getting a writing journal will take your writing journey to the next level. If there’s anything you can add to the list of why writers should have a journal please share because I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading and